Senior Warehouse Supervisor
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - EGLINTON - TEMPORARY - 37.5HPW
The post holder will be responsible for the supervision of all Staff within the Warehouse section. He/she must be familiar with Receipts both stock and Non-stock, Picking and Issuing of Stock, Goods outwards and be competent in the use of computers and relevant Warehouse Management systems. The post holder must be aware of the importance of providing an efficient and effective logistics service in accordance with agreed Budget and Service Level Agreements.
The post holder will be required to assist in the maintenance of ISO9002 accredited procedures. He/she will be required to participate in the early/late rota system and hold keys for the premises. Co-ordinating and working overtime if/when required to meet the needs of the Business.
- Undertake duties in accordance with ISO 9002 warehouse operational procedures and working instructions.
- Responsible for managing the operation of the Booking -In System.
- Ensure that suppliers comply with agreed delivery schedules and take appropriate action where necessary.
- Supervise the daily unloading of vehicles, physical inspections and receipt and documentation of all goods ensuring optimum use of all resources including space, equipment and manpower.
- Supervise the intake of stock and non-stock to ensure pallets are secure and safe before they are located within the warehouse. Carry out regular visual checks of pallets and locations in case of damages.
- Notify the stock management/ non-stock receipts section of the receipt of damaged goods and discrepancies and ensure that all goods to be returned to suppliers or which require to be isolated are quarantined in the designated area.
- Plan and organise workloads and workflow so that daily and weekly operational targets are met.
- Ensure staff are properly trained in the various duties within the warehouse and all mandatory training is carried out and records maintained.
1. GCSE Maths and GCSE English OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate a. literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification;
2. A 'Levels OR equivalent qualification OR higher qualification
18 months' relevant experience in a
Procurement or Logistics environment
3 years' relevant experience in a Procurement or Logistics environment
- PC Literacy, including regular experience and use of commercial software packages such as Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Hold a full current driving license (valid in the UK) and have access to a car at the closing date or have *access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to carry out the duties of the post in full.
(*This relates only to any person who has declared that they have a disability, which debars them from driving)
- Ability to work with others in a team, and also under direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
4.Competant in the use of Microsoft Office in particular Word and Excel
5. Ability to demonstrate an acceptable level of customer awareness
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE