SERVICE ENGINEERS, LISBURN
In Partnership with our Client based in Lisburn, I am recruiting for Service Engineers to join their expanding team
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Main Purpose of Your Role:
- To efficiently carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work on Compays and other user's installations
- To efficiently diagnose & implement all reactive maintenance work on installations
- To carry out initial fault finding (locally & remotely) on installations
- To participate in scheduled on call system and assist with breakdowns
Goals & Objectives:
- To profitably maintain the companies service fleet. This means ensuring the service fleet is maintained in a cost effective way as measured by the management accounts
- To maintain the Service Operation with the clear goal of maximum efficiency & effectiveness, achieving service performance which is valued by customers but at the lowest operating cost in the marketplace & as a profitable business unit
- Maximise availability and uptime by effecting a first time fix wherever possible.
- To ensure that service "customers" receive good, yet cost effective service & to ensure that they are satisfied with the product and service provided
- Complete all paperwork in the most timely manner possible
- Carryout all service in line with the manufacture's instruction and service schedules
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Service Manager for all aspects related to the service and maintenance of all gas and diesel engines and their ancillary equipment. Ensure that all maintenance is completed at the lowest operating cost while adhering to the performance criteria required within the Service Contracts
- Responsible for close co-operation with the Service Manager, and all associated with the company parts and service organisation for all aspects related to the successful operation of the After Sales Contract
- Problem Solving
- Day to day operational decisions
- Planning of resources and parts to achieve acceptable commercial result
- The most important problem-solving area is that of engineering problem solving and efficient, effective and timely repairs
- Day to day decisions of an engineering nature, while working within the parameters required by the Service Manager. In order to do this a clear understanding of the business goals is required
- Ability to make decisions relating to technical fault finding and implement the rectification to increase profitability and lower risk of further failures.
- The profitability of all After Sales Contracts as measured against the published target
- The individual profitability of each and every repair and service job allocated
- The overall performance of the After Sales Contracts to achieve the above criteria at the lowest operating cost
- Maximise the availability of each contract through a thorough and robust maintenance regime.
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary by management.
Minimum qualification to ONC/D, NVQ II or City & Guilds 2 level in mechanical engineering or motor vehicle studies or equivalent.
Competent time served technician in a mechanical discipline, preferably with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
Competent technician with considerable skills and in-depth knowledge of gas/diesel engines.
Effective IT skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Office Packages.
- Full Current Driving License
Flexible in approach to working conditions due to the 24 hour 7 day operational nature of after sales contracts.
The role will involve weekend work and possible out of hours' work.
Requirement to participate in an established 24 hour program based on a rota system.
Willingness to undertake necessary mandatory in house training programmes associated with the role.
If you would like to speak about this role in confidence please call Caitriona McKerr on 02892667585