Service Support Business Advisor
Staffline Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
SO1 Service Support Business Advisor required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: SO1 Service Support Business Advisor
Rate of Pay: £14.68 per hour
Location: Boucher Road, Belfast
Hours: 36.25 hours --Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Duration: At least 6 months initially (potential extension)
To provide expert advice and guidance throughout the Service Support Directorate on the development of business cases, including managing their preparation, review and subsequent post project evaluations in line with best practice and department timescales.
To contribute within the Service Support Directorate and as an integral member of the Fleet, Engineering & Supplies team to the provision of a fully integrated logistical support unit, providing service delivery to support the vision and mission of NIFRS.
1. To provide expert advice and guidance throughout the Service Support Centre on the development of business cases, including managing their preparation, review and subsequent post project evaluations in line with best practice and department timescales.
2. To liaise with all service support centre managers to assist in ensuring technical detail is in a consistent format to develop the business cases.
3. To ensure the application of NIFRS Business Case Policy & Procedures and HM Treasury's Green Book for all business cases.
4. To provide expert advice and guidance on all post-project evaluations (PPE's) in line with financial regulations, policies and procedures within relevant timescales, including managing their preparation.
5. To provide full costing information and discounted cash flow / net present value calculations and affordability analysis for inclusion in option appraisals.
6. To ensure the coordination of all business case activity within Service Support Centre ensuring conformity and uniformity of approach, including the use of templates.
7. To establish and maintain a database of all business cases and PPEs submitted by Service Support Centre and a tracking area of the current position with the business case.
8. To undertake the submission of all business cases to the central business case function and to communicate decisions to managers.
9. To deliver appropriate training and knowledge transfer to relevant staff within the Service Support Directorate in relation to the preparation of business cases and PPEs.
10.To establish and oversee the implementation of processes and templates to ensure that a business case duration aligns to contract duration within the Service Support Directorate.
11.To work with the Service Support Business Manager to ensure appropriate budget is aligned to individual business cases and spend is profiled effectively over the period of any contract.
12.To assist in the effective and efficient provision of services provided by the Service Support Business Unit.
13.To provide base information to Department Heads to facilitate preparation for monthly budget/ procurement management meetings
14.To implement end-of-month routines on a timely basis including the maintenance of accurate support information within the Directorate.
15.To provide accurate and timely input to Assembly Questions and requests under Freedom of Information and Data Protection as required.
16.To assist the Service Support Business Manager to implement internal and external audit recommendations.
17.To work within the relevant procurement provision to ensure effective procurement processes are accessed and monitored to deliver the procurement needs of the Service Support Directorate.
1. Possess a HND level qualification in a relevant subject e.g. business management, business studies, finance.
2. Have at least 2 years relevant experience of the following within a large complex organisation comparable to NIFRS*
- Development of business cases
- Development of post project evaluations.
*NIFRS employs in excess of 2000 staff, has over 70 sites and a budget of circa £69 million.
3. Can demonstrate:
(a) Excellent planning and organisational skills
(b) Delivery of high quality work with attention to detail
(c) Excellent communication skills and the ability to advise and influence management
(d) Working under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines
(e) A strong customer orientation
4. Competent in the use of Windows and other Microsoft applications.
5. Possess a full, current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 24th May 2021**