Sewing Room Assistant
Temporary Sewing Room Assistant for a large public sector organisation based in Belfast through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: 9.21
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will assist with the daily operational duties of the Trust's Sewing Room to include the uniform issue service to the BHSCT.
The post holder will undertake the duties and responsibilities of the position under the direction and guidance of the Linen Services/Uniform Issue Coordinator and will operate within established Trust policies and procedures.
- To assist in the daily operational issues associated with the Trust's Sewing Room.
- To assist in the receipt, storage, and distribution of staff uniforms for Belfast Health & Social Care Trust staff.
- To carry out alterations/repairs to garments, make up curtains and other soft furnishings as required.
- To inform the Linen Services/Uniform coordinator regarding stock replenishment as necessary.
- Employees of the Trust are required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's Smoke Free Policy.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course of their employment.
- Ensure the on-going confidence of the public in-service provision.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Comply with the HPSS Code of Conduct
Minimum of 12 months experience of operating a sewing machine in paid employment
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to use own initiative
Effective communication and literacy skills to meet the needs of the post
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk