Sister/Charge Nurse (Days) - Lisburn
Sister/Charge Nurse - Days
Salary: £17.68 per hour, £22.10 overtime per hour, Staff Benefits
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Sister/Charge Nurse - Days to be based in Rosevale Lodge Care Home - Lisburn. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, hours to be discussed at interview.
Our client has 260 care homes across the UK with 17,000 colleagues providing care and support for 16,000 residents. Their homes offer a range of care services, such as residential and nursing care, dementia care, respite and intermediate care, and rehabilitation
As a Sister/Charge Nurse you have responsibility for leading a team of nursing staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of care, which promotes independence and dignity and positively enhances the lives of individuals in our care.
- To Provide the Clinical Leadership and direction, improving standards of homes in crisis
- Ensure the delivery of quality care - continually assessing our residents' needs and wishes, developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- To work alongside staff to support, feedback and develop their clinical skills and experience.
- Champion independence and personal choice - develop, review and update care plans to meet our clients changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- Build the positive reputation of the home and unit - liaise professionally with visitors, including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines - risks are proactively managed and issues identified, investigated and resolved.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management - ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
- Conduct care audits - monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Promote high standards of nursing care for you and your team, actively seeking ways to improve levels of service.
- Take an active role in training for the team of nurses, working in conjunction with the training resources of the company to ensure that nursing staff are kept up to date with current practices and research led developments.
- Take a leadership role for your team - ensuring all staff are supervised appropriately and rotas are in place to enable the smooth, efficient running of the business.
- Take an active role in the development of yourself and others - ensure that the team's skill and knowledge levels are able to meet the changing needs of the business.
- RN Qualification
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
- At least 2 years previous nursing experience
- Previous experience within a care home setting would be desirable
- People Management experience
- Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes, including audit and care services
You will receive a salary of £35,000 approx. and £22.10 per hour overtime rate.
- Recommend a Nurse Scheme of £1000
- Dedicated Training and Support
- Company Pension Scheme
- Friendly Working Environment
- Free Enhanced Access NI check and uniform
- Internal Progression
- Full time and part time opportunities
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland