Site Services Supervisor
Site Services Supervisor (Day Shift Hours)
Grafton Specialist Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading manufacturing company for a Site Services Supervisor. The Site Services Supervisor will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of the industrial cleaning team to maintain a safe and clean working environment. The Site Services Supervisor will also be responsible for the factory fleet (both forklifts and vans) upkeep and control, responsibility will span NI and Birmingham, for 6 separate sites.
- Co-ordinate the team of industrial cleaners and arrange cover for annual leave / absence.
- Supervise team's work load and work performance, highlighting bin contamination and site housekeeping.
- Manage the ordering process for the external cleaning company.
- To maintain / upkeep of fork trucks - breakdowns, service and battery top-up.
- Control and maintain cleaning stations on all sites.
- Liaise with external skip provider on exchange, ordering, sweeping and recycling.
- Work in conjunction with production co-ordinators on tool distribution.
- Carry out cleaning audits as per devised schedule with follow up on failed audits.
- Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them while on site.
- Comply with and enforce Company health, safety and environmental standards.
- Follow up on action points agreed on the Health & Safety Improvement Log and by the Health and Safety Committee within the agreed timescales.
- Review processes, procedures, systems, paperwork, etc. in own area, and make suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate process changes to relevant parties in order that relevant follow up may be carried out, e.g. training.
- Travel to the Birmingham site as and when required.
- Flexible to work alternative shifts as required, once a month on each shift.
- Complete meter readings of gas & electric, completing log and send relevant information to each company.
- Obtain quotes for renewing contracts for sub-contractors.
- Complete all relevant paperwork in an accurate and timely manner such as updating the company's time and attendance system, actioning invoices and raising purchase orders.
- Any other reasonable duties or project work which may be required by management from time to time.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- 4 years previous experience in a similar role, with relevant people management experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with and controlling sub-contractors
- Excellent planning, organising and administrative skills
- Understanding of business interface between factory services and production
- Full clean UK driving licence with access to own vehicle
- Analytical / problem solving skills.
- Good common sense
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Able to prioritise work and manage their own time
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of working to environmental and quality standards
- Good Computer Literacy and knowledge of databases and MS Office packages
- Forklift Licence
The successful Site Services Supervisor will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Site Services Supervisor role will be based in Lisburn.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland