An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Northern Ireland's most dynamic manufacturing companies. We are looking for a skilled tradesperson to work within our construction team which manufacture's purpose made modular buildings from detailed drawings and/ or site surveys. Post holders may be required to conduct duties from time to time at locations throughout the UK and ROI.
- Understand technical drawings and instruct the team with how the work contained fits within the building design
- Measuring and marking wood according to technical designs
- Using a range of equipment from traditional tools to state-of-the-art computerised cutting equipment
- Provide constructive feedback on designs based on industrial experience & knowledge
- Undertake joinery/carpentry tasks to defined standards.
- Work on own initiative, deliver quality work under pressure to meet target dates within budget requirements.
- Communicate with members of senior management, other employees and clients effectively and courteously.
- Liaise with line managers to make them aware of progress of work.
- Complete any necessary paperwork to allow effective job costings to be completed.
- Observe all health and safety and work regulations and report any hazards to line managers.
- Provide guidance training and support to less technically qualified members of team.
- Providing training for Apprentice's
- Respect the need for confidentiality when processing personal/company/customer data.
- Other such duties within capability as may be required from time to time.
Essential - Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Time served and qualified in carpentry/joinery alongside at least 10 years continued experience in a joinery exclusive role
- 1st and 2nd fix joinery, kitchen fitting, interior and exterior cladding and experience in modular builds would be advantageous
- Previous experience training apprentices
- Knowledge of good practice relating to health and safety regulations.
Desirable - Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A valid CSR (construction skills register) Card.
- Basic IT skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Competitive salary - based on experience
- Career development opportunities
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.