An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Northern Ireland's most dynamic manufacturing companies. We are looking for a skilled tradesperson to work within our construction team which manufacture's purpose made modular buildings from detailed drawings and/ or site surveys. Post holders may be required to conduct duties from time to time at locations throughout the UK and ROI.
- Understand technical drawings and instruct the team with how the work contained fits within the building design
- Measuring and marking wood according to technical designs
- Using a range of equipment from traditional tools to state-of-the-art computerised cutting equipment
- Provide constructive feedback on designs based on industrial experience & knowledge
- Undertake joinery/carpentry tasks to defined standards.
- Work on own initiative, deliver quality work under pressure to meet target dates within budget requirements.
- Communicate with members of senior management, other employees and clients effectively and courteously.
- Liaise with line managers to make them aware of progress of work.
- Complete any necessary paperwork to allow effective job costings to be completed.
- Observe all health and safety and work regulations and report any hazards to line managers.
- Provide guidance training and support to less technically qualified members of team.
- Providing training for Apprentice's
- Respect the need for confidentiality when processing personal/company/customer data.
- Other such duties within capability as may be required from time to time.
Essential - Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Time served and qualified in carpentry/joinery alongside at least 10 years continued experience in a joinery exclusive role
- 1st and 2nd fix joinery, kitchen fitting, interior and exterior cladding and experience in modular builds would be advantageous
- Previous experience training apprentices
- Knowledge of good practice relating to health and safety regulations.
Desirable - Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A valid CSR (construction skills register) Card.
- Basic IT skills
- Full clean driving licence
- Competitive salary - based on experience
- Career development opportunities
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
If you are interested please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lidia on 07384218448