SMART Energy Project Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SMARCTIC Project Officer will be required to:
- Manage, develop and implement the SMARCTIC Project
- Develop a Smart Energy Management System incorporating a Smart City approach within Rural Communities
- Research, identify and develop pilot projects to test the implementation of a Smart Energy Management System
- Undertake appraisals and prepare business cases in relation to the SMARTCTIC pilot projects. Manage projects from inception to completion including preparation of feasibility studies, site surveys, progress and budget reports, attendance at site meetings and update to relevant Council Committee.
- Develop networks and partnerships and liaise with stakeholders at a local, regional and national level to assist with the development of the Smart Energy Management System.
- Plan and Implement the delivery of a SMART Energy Management System.
- Manage, develop and contribute to the energy objectives in both Council's Corporate and Strategic Growth plans.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Council's Energy Strategy
- Identify, plan and deliver SMART Energy Efficiency projects in conjunction with Council's Energy Strategy.
- Provide support to manage Council's obligations to comply with UK and European legalisation relating to reduction in energy use
- Maintain an awareness and knowledge of evolving regulatory obligations and technical aspects of their professional area of expertise in compliance with Continual Professional Development (CPD) obligations of their professional governing bodies.
- Participate in and ensure compliance with all Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of personal behaviour which reflect the core values of the organisation.
- Ensure full compliance with Health and Safety requirements and legislation in accordance with Council's Policies and Procedures.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to scale, which may be required from time to time.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures on all aspects of equality.