SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
- ADULT/CHILDRENS RESIDENTIAL SERVICES
- DAY SERVICES
- OUTREACH / INREACH SERVICES
SALARY STARTING AT €34,350
ROTA BASED - PART TIME & FULL TIME HOURS AVAILABLE
Our client is a new and innovative company, providing quality assured, safe and person-centred residential care and outreach support services, to children and adults with Intellectual disabilities, autism and associated mental health needs.
The accommodation and supports my client provides are bespoke to the needs of each individual they support. Each service is built around the person in accordance with core values of dignity and respect. My client employs a strengths based approach, focused on community involvement and integration. They strive to enable those in receipt of support and care to live an independent life; one that is enriched with new opportunities and new learning.
My client works in partnership with the individual and their representatives; namely, family members, carers, health professionals and those innate to the person's circle of support. This is to ensure that each person receives the right support, at the right time, in order to live their best possible life.
THE SOCIAL CARE WORKER ROLE!
The Social Care Worker provides holistic support with day to day living, for individuals with an intellectual disability, autism or associated mental health needs. They provide person-centred care and empower provisions of support, as per individual needs assessment. Ensuring a safe environment is maintained at all times, the Social Care Worker also ensures each service user is encouraged to live in accordance with their own wishes and preferences, and their individuality promoted as far as possible; through new opportunities, promotion of skills and innate abilities.
The Social Care Worker ensures personal outcomes are achieved in keeping with each service user, with clear goals, steps for achieving such and timeframes while ensuring that supports are prioritised and key commitments kept accordingly. To ensure that each person is supported to live life to their fullest potential, and remain (or become) socially valued members of their communities. medications and monies are exercised accordingly, as per policy.
- Further Education support
- Competitive salaries and annual increments
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Pension scheme
- Additional Birthday leave day
- Career progression
- Flexibility to support a better work/life balance
- Recognition gestures of goodwill throughout the year for staff
- Coming Soon: Company pension with a company contribution and a Death in Service benefit
- Minimum Fetac Level 5 qualification in social care or a related discipline
- Prior experience in a similar role i.e. residential care/intellectual disability/autism
- Have experience of supporting individuals whose behaviour can be deemed as challenging
- Experience with computers and Microsoft packages, i.e. word, excel, SharePoint
- A full driving license, permitting use in Ireland
- Experience of Key Working and experience in similar roles
- Experience in supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities/Autism or Associated Mental Health issues.
- Experience in supporting adults with complex needs (behaviours which may be deemed as challenging) in community settings
- Knowledge and experience of implementing National Standards and Regulations (HIQA).
SPECIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES!
- Have an understanding of theory and practice in the delivery of residential care services.
- The capacity to plan and manage resources in an effective and effective manner.
- Have an ability to manage oneself i.e. prioritise workloads and manage risk
- A highly self-motivated team player, with sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- To have an ability to work on own initiative with multifaceted skills, including both practical and administrative
- Demonstrate attention to detail and vigilance
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
**FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST**
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY.
You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404 / 07826064920 or via email email@example.com
STAFFLINE MEDICAL are a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing permanent staffing solutions across Medical & Health & Social Care divisions, in both private & Public sectors locally, nationally & internationally.