|Salary||Up to £13.84 per hour|
|Published||17 days ago|
|Contact email||Natalie McCloskey|
Job Title: Band 5 Social Worker
The Client: WHSCT
The Social Worker will be primarily responsible for the direct provision of quality social work services to children and families. He/she will normally work as a member of a social work team and under direction will be responsible for the management of a caseload. He/she will also be responsible for the direct discharge of statutory duties in respect of children in need. The social worker will also be expected to attend to his/her professional development through training, supervision and learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct practice with children and families
- Engage in direct work with children and families.
- Undertake assessment and case planning and to discharge a range of statutory
- responsibilities in respect of children in need.
- Participate in Child Protection and Looked After Children processes.
- Attend court and present evidence in legal proceedings.
- Participate in effective interagency and multi-disciplinary practice.
- Engage with service users and carers to promote participation.
- Facilitation, and practice development
- Provide support and advice to others commensurate with own level of experience.
- Access and participate in, as appropriate research and other developmental activity relevant to improving standards of practice.
- Participate in the development of evidence-based practice within the Child Care Programme.
Hours of work: 37.5
Degree/ Diploma in Social Work or equivalent
Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
Knowledge of relation-based social work
Knowledge and understanding of effecting change in families/children lives
Effective skills in assessment and analysis.
Effective planning & organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
Demonstrate an aptitude for working with children and families.
Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including at least one of the core packages i.e. Outlook (Email) Word, Excel, Powerpoint or MS Access
Rates of pay £ £13.84 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button. DERSL