Software Systems QA Engineer
Role: Software Systems QA Engineer
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Customer Software Support Engineer for a leading Global Technology company
Software Systems QA Engineer
The successful candidate will be the lead on a small systems verification team within a larger software function developing large scale systems and solutions for automation and optimization of power networks worldwide including generation, transmission, and distribution networks. The candidate will be a key member to improve the development/testing process and quality of the overall systems.
· Actively collaborate with stakeholders to clarify requirements to define, document and implement system test plans and test cases
· Perform the manual system tests and analyse results to ensure requirements are met and highlight issues if they are not
· Perform exploratory testing to increase test coverage and quality
· Facilitate integration testing of new features and improvements using the latest builds and from various teams
· Test using production data where possible to assess the impact on production and minimise deployment issues.
· Identify opportunities and solutions to maximise test automation and facilitate implementation by developing test scripts or harnesses where necessary.
· Work effectively within a diverse team to define testable user stories and acceptance criteria and to resolve any defects that may arise.
· Prepare and present test reports to include status and coverage
· Ability to train new employees and coach existing employees
· A 3rd level qualification in Computer Science, or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years in Software QA, System integration role or verification of large or complex distribute software systems
· Proven ability to accurately test, analyse, evaluate, and report results
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Must be results oriented and drive to ensure successful completion of the projects on time, on budget and within the defined scope while leading through influence and with strong soft people skills and tact
· Stakeholder management skills and strong leadership abilities.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
· Experience in system test automation covering web, server applications, and embedded platforms. Tools may include Robot framework, Selenium, and scripting languages such as python
· Knowledge how to perform basic Linux configuration or SQL database queries to configure tests and extract data and or logs
· Familiarity with Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Buildbot
· Experience with configuration management tools and distributed version control
· Experience working in Automotive, aerospace, or military domains
· Knowledge on configuring firewalls, modems, and VPNs
· Familiarity with CANbus, and networking both wired and wireless
· Experience working in an agile environment
· Driven to succeed in a highly technical, goal/deadline orientated product development environment
· Self-starting, innovative, dynamic and a quick learner
· Conscientious individual demonstrating initiative and attention to detail along with high levels of ownership commitment
· Motivation to create high-quality products and systems and learn new skills
· Proven ability to solve complex problems using creative solutions.
· A good team player capable of delivering results under pressure and to strict deadlines
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
· Quality focused with an understanding of advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
· A positive "can do" enthusiastic attitude towards addressing the technical challenges facing Camlin Technologies and our clients
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across the IT Sector.