Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Sous Chef on behalf of our client based in Cavan. This a permanent opportunity and you must be flexible Monday to Sunday.
Objective of the Role
Reporting to the Head Chef, the sous chef plays a vital role in supporting the operations management of the kitchen, and in the production of excellent food.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead by example in excellent food production.
- Support the kitchen operations of the hotel.
- Support the head chef in their duties.
- Complete all HACCP documentation as required.
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and hotel standards.
- To assist with the preparation of stocktaking/assist with stocktaking.
- To place orders with suppliers for food as required.
- To ensure the correct storage of food.
- To assist in the training of other staff.
- Experience as a chef in hotels or similar.
- Unrelenting focus on quality.
- Qualification in culinary arts, or similar is desired, but not essential.
- A personal desire to be developed and to learn in your role.
- Ability to support the successful operations of the kitchen.
- Ability to build relationships and influence with all levels of the business