Specialist Support Workers (HFFY) - Greater Belfast
Specialist Support Workers (Housing First for Youth Service)
£21,440 starting per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Specialist Support Workers (Housing First for Youth Service) on a permanent full-time basis servicing the Greater Belfast area. You will need to be fully flexible to cover a variety of shifts that will include evenings, weekends, and unsocial hours.
Our client is one of Northern Ireland's most well-known charities. Founded in 1971 it has delivered exceptional and life changing services, with an aim to prevent homelessness for people at risk, and to end homelessness in Belfast and throughout Northern Ireland.
With an ambitious growth plan over the next two years and a generous salary on offer, this is an excellent opportunity for experienced Support Workers to be part of a brand new team and project with personal development and career growth opportunities on offer to you.
A full copy of the Job Description is available on request however you will:
- Provide bespoke interventions to a small group of six to eight Looked After Children aged 16-21 years, to enable them to live in safety and stability, and have a place to call home.
- Be responsible for delivering direct support to a small group of young people with complex needs. The young people will live in the community and the service will provide 24/7 support to ensure their safety, promote their stability, and build resilience to enable them to manage their tenancy.
- Provide a holistic team approach which in turn ensures effective and consistent support to young people. This holistic strength-based approach is undertaken in partnership with Social Services and Mental Health Professionals to ensure risk is mitigated and appropriate interventions are delivered.
- Support interventions that are required are flexible and diverse. These may include supporting young people: during episodes of poor mental health; whilst under the influence of substances or alcohol; with concerns regarding sexual exploitation; to build, maintain and feel safe in their home; to attend college or a work placement; to have fun and do activities
- Experience of working with and supporting young people coming through the care system, probation, prison, institutional care, supported accommodation or children leaving care.
- Helping Looked After Children or homeless and/or formerly homeless people to identify personal goals and supporting them through a process of change.
- Experience of working within a fast moving and challenging working environment in the areas of mental health, care for young people, alcohol and drug misuse, independent living support.
- The ability to work with a group of vulnerable young people delivering 24-hour intensive support service.
- The ability to key work a group of young people, coordinating support packages and proactively following up with others to ensure that all support is provided.
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of communication skills, both verbally and in writing, using Microsoft Office applications.
- NISCC Registered (or willing to become registered if appointed) and willing to be subject to Access NI checks. (Successful applicants must commence NISCC registration process prior to employment).
- Valid driving license and access to a car or other form of transport to undertake duties associated with the role. You will be required to provide transport to young people as part of this role.
*ONLY CANDIDATES THAT DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE CRITERIA ON THEIR CV WILL BE CONTACTED*
- £21,440 starting per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme and Death in Service plan
- Healthcare Plan
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.