Staff Officer Accountant
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 3-6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50 per hour
13+ week's £17.43 per hour
Location: Bangor, BT20
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm) core hours (9.30am - 3.30pm)
- Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the bodies detailed below:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
- Have at least a total of 1 year's post qualification*, experience, gained within the last 5 years,
- Production of the Departmental Resource Accounts and Teachers Superannuation Scheme Accounts and Trust Fund and Endowment Accounts by the required deadlines;
- Communication of accounting requirements and provision of technical accounting advice to DE and some DE funded bodies;
- Ensuring effective financial governance and accountability within DE and its ALBs;
- Management of service provided by Account NI and promoting optimum use of the finance system;
- Effective monitoring of cash; and
- Provide procurement advice and guidance for DE and DE's NDPBs and, in conjunction with DoF's Construction and Procurement Delivery (CPD), contribute to the accountability and governance of procurement.
Teacher's Superannuation Scheme Accounts
- Preparation of the TSS Accounts
- Preparation of the TSS WGA Accounts
- Preparation of outturn.
In addition the Teacher's Pension and Pay Team are currently implementing a new Teachers Pensions System including a new financial reporting module. The Project is in a critical period and the post-holder will be required to provide input to and liaise closely with the Project Team and the external supplier to successfully implement the financial module of the new system, including partaking in User Acceptance Testing.
- Review and monitor the DE, TSS and NDPB's monthly cash against limit and oversee the monthly forecast to DoF.
- Commission, collate and prepare the annual cash limits which inform the Estimate and SSE position.
Retained Finance Function
- Engagement with Account NI at various forums to ensure optimal use of the system.
- Manage the monthly analysis of Accountni reports ensuring all issues are dealt with.
- Ensure preparation of quarterly memo and take forward all communications and issues.
- Review of contract management and compliance reports on Account NI.
- Review input to the Contract Report for the DE Board.
- Liaise with CPD and issue out communications and gather returns.
- Take all appropriate action to deal with any other adhoc tasks relating to procurement issues.
- Management of Prompt Payment
- Ensure Group Billing and Transfer of Funds are undertaken appropriately
- Provide input to AQ's and FOI as required; and
- Comply with health & safety, data protection and information security requirements set pout in the current NICS policy and guidelines; and
- Other adhoc duties as deemed appropriate.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland