Staff Officer Accountant
The Client: Local Public Sector body based in Enniskillen.
The Role: To contribute to an efficient and effective finance function, supporting strategic financial management, liaising with senior managers on budget management, preparation of management accounts and support on annual financial statements, interrogating the information received and challenging responses as necessary to ensure these are complete and accurate and providing information and support to internal and external stakeholders
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs per week
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAI) and at least 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAI and at least 3 years 'experience in a similar role
- Experience in the preparation of both management and year end accounts, preparing for audits, using a computerised accounts package and experience supervising staff.
- Strong technical, numerical, excel and word skills with the ability to analyse and report financial information efficiently.
- Ability to analyse data and produce relevant accurate reports.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels including senior management.
- Proficient in the use of IT, including Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word
- A high degree of self-motivation and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work to manage deadlines often to tight timescales.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible approach with a focus on service and performance
- Experience of working in two jurisdictions, familiar with payroll and procurement legislation in each
- Previous experience of working in the public sector
- Rates of pay £18.43 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.