Staff Officer Accountant - Belfast
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Staff Officer Accountant to start ASAP for a duration of 12 Months.
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50per hour
13+ week's £17.43per hour
Location: Belfast - City Centre
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Be a qualified accountant from one of the main accountancy bodies with at least one years' post qualification experience.
- Have a total of at least three years' experience in any one of, or combination of, the following categories:
- Preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and /or Management Accounts;
- Preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources;
- Preparing or auditing a payroll function; and
- Developing, auditing or implementing large computerised financial systems.
- Have at least three years' experience of using computerised accounting systems effectively.
- Experience of developing or implementing interfaces for the upload of financial information to a financial accounting system.
- Have experience of working in an environment with multiple competing and conflicting deadlines.
- Possess strong Excel skills.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to apply strict confidentiality.
Have records management experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who have
- Knowledge of Pegasus Opera Accounting System.
Experience of implementing payroll guidance in accordance with HMRC rules and providing oversight and approval for a large payroll function (large defined as > 50 employees).
- Preparation of draft monthly management accounts, adhering to tight reporting deadlines;
- Preparation of draft budgets and forecasts including variance analysis;
- Assisting with business case assessment and the preparation of papers for SIB's Investment Committee;
- Monitoring of business case expenditure;
- Assisting with the monthly payroll function;
- Overseeing bank and cash reconciliations including the drawdown process;
- Management and maintenance of accurate and timely accounting books and records;
- Maintaining appropriate finance records and audit trails;
- Ensuring SIB complies with statutory deadlines and files statutory returns as required;
- Implementation and maintenance of SIB's financial controls, policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with same;
- Participation in meetings with senior management and board committees;
- Assist in the preparation of draft annual accounts for audit and liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Assist in the preparation of Whole of Government accounts and ad-hoc public sector reporting;
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required.This job description is intended to indicate the range of responsibilities and requirements of the post and is neither exhaustive nor prescriptive.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland