Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Staff Officer (communications) to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00pr hour
13+ week's £15.87pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A relevant third level or equivalent professional qualification (such as public relations, journalism, marketing, information services, communications or public affairs). Applicants without a third level or professional qualification will only be considered if they have at least three years relevant experience in a related area.
- At least two years relevant experience in a related area (such as public relations, journalism, marketing, information services, communications or public affairs).
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills.
- Candidates are asked to demonstrate that they have:
- Experience of working with or in the press and broadcast media, including producing material ready for publication to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Northern Ireland's political, economic and social situation.
- Knowledge of corporate and stakeholder communications.
They will report to a Unit Manager and have a key role in implementing all aspects of the Communications and Co-ordination Unit's work, including the Commission's publicity and media related activity, the implementation of the political and stakeholder strategies, and of the Commission's internal communications systems.
Duties and Competencies
The duties of the post may include any of the following:
- Drawing up and implementing publicity strategies, publicity plans and other stakeholder engagement plans.
- Co-ordinating the Commission response to enquiries from press and other stakeholders.
- Preparing briefings for staff prior to media interviews, meetings with stakeholders and speaking engagements.
- Develop, maintain and use of effective logging, monitoring and reporting systems for media, political and other stakeholder initiatives and activity.
- Authoritative analysis and evaluation of media and events.
- Contributing to the maintenance, implementation and development of the internal communication systems
- Recording and dissemination of accurate and timely minutes of Commission and Management Board
- Acting as the first point of contact for press enquiries.
- Acting as first point of contact for political and other Corporate Stakeholder enquiries.
- Assisting with the delivery of the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy.
- Drafting press releases and articles for publication and background.
- Drafting press briefings and lines against enquiry for use on behalf of the Commission.
- Drafting internal briefings, speeches, presentations for use by the Chief Commissioner, Commissioners and senior staff.
- Ensuring delivery of key messages to key and target audiences.
- Organising of media briefings, press conferences, interviews and stakeholder meetings.
- Contributing to the effective management of Commission involvement in events.
- Preparing and producing Commission e-zines, newsletters and other publications as required.
- Any other duties consistent with the nature and level of this post, or as may be required for the proper functioning of the Commission
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**