Staff Officer - Economist
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Staff Officer - Economist to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.00pr hour
13+ week's £16.18pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT2 - may involve working from home
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Strong experience of using MS Excel in the workplace.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to proof-read effectively, especially in relation to numbers and stats.
- Strong ability to interpret data and present data in a user-friendly way.
- Experience of working in a busy team with lots of ad hoc quantitative requests.
- Experience of project management with strong organisational skills and time management skills, and using own initiative to problem solve and be solutions-focused.
- Experience of writing up quantitative research findings, e.g. survey results, into reports/bulletins.
- To work as part of a small EU Exit team supporting the business to achieve our objectives as set out in The Consumer Council's Corporate Plan and Forward Work Programme.
- To use MS Excel (and other tools) to provide timely and reliable data for the wider organisation.
- To undertake analysis and interpretation of data, and to present this data in a digestible user-friendly manner.
- To maintain EU Exit databases, monthly indices and online trackers and where necessary provide updates for management.
- To ensure all data is rigorously undertaken and of a publishable standard i.e. can be reliably used in external publications such as reports, bulletins and infographics.
- To proactively support the EU Exit and Insight Team to design, deliver and write-up quantitative and qualitative research projects
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**