Statistical Officer (NICS)
Staffline are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Statistical Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00pr hour
13+ week's £14.47pr hour
Location: Belfast, BT4
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Familiar with using SPSS or other statistical package.
- Experience with report writing.
Statistics and Research Branch provides support to policy areas within the Executive Office. Services provided by the Branch include survey and consultation methods and design; strategic indicator/outcome development; policy and strategy review and analysis; provision of evidence base for policy development, monitoring & evaluation; and general statistical and research advice.
Statistics and Research Branch provide support to policy colleagues across Good Relations, Together: Building a United Community (T:BUC), Racial Equality, Ethnic Monitoring, Social Investment Fund, Urban Villages, Public Appointments, Tackling Paramilitarism - Communities in Transition, Victims and Survivors, Historical Institutional Abuse and Equality and Human Rights policy areas.
The post is within a team that:
- provides statistical and research support for the following policy areas: Central Good Relations Fund; T:BUC camps; District Council Good Relations Programme; and North Belfast Strategic Good Relations Programme
- produces the Good Relations Indicators annual update report
- monitors and reports on PfG/ODP Indicators 26 (Respect), 31 (Shared Space) and 35 (Reconciliation)
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- To provide advice, guidance and a full analytical research, data collection, monitoring and evaluation service to policy teams.
- To support Good Relations monitoring and evaluation and provide relevant statistical output on data received. This involves:
- advising on availability and appropriate use of data
- cleaning and analysing large datasets using SPSS; and monitoring and quality assuring outputs
- writing brief and accurate summary reports and papers
- To support the production of PfG/ ODP Indicators report, which involves analysis of the Northern Ireland Life and Times and Young Life and Times Surveys using SPSS, conducting quality assurance testing, producing tables and subsequent reporting through tables, commentary and infographics
- To support branch administration activities (e.g. Query log, HappyOrNot machine, report card metrics, SRB email account) as necessary.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**