Statistics Officer - Belfast
Staffline are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Statistical Research Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00per hour
13+ week's £15.87per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- A high level of attention to detail, good numeracy and good general IT skills are fundamental to this post.
- Experience of IT packages used include Excel, Word, Power-point, Microsoft Outlook, MS SQL Server, MS Access.
- Good communication skills are essential as are good interpersonal skills with a focus on team working.
- Working with large complex datasets is a fundamental element of the work and good statistical skills and experience in managing and analysing very large datasets would be an advantage.
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server is desirable but not essential as on the job training will be provided.
- At least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods; or
- At least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level; or
- A postgraduate qualification that has included training in statistics and/or social science research methods.
Carrying out quantitative and qualitative social research including survey work;
Statistical analysis and interpretation;
Contributing to statistical and research reports;
Statistical modelling and forecasting;
Maintaining Geographical Information Systems; and
Responding to ad-hoc queries.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**