Stock Condition Surveyor
Salary Scale is £22,978 - £27,354pa
37 hours per week
The perfect candidate for this job will be hard working and motivated to achieve targets. You will be required to speak with tenants and assist with queries on such matters as condensation, heating controls and insulation. You must comply with the Association's Health & Safety Policy and check the asbestos register before attending site.
- 22 days annual leave plus an additional 5 days after 5 years' service, and 12 public holidays,
- Generous pension contribution,
- Hybrid working opportunities for relevant roles,
- Enrolment in a health cash plan,
- Death in service payment,
- Highly competitive salary,
- Dedicated Health and Wellbeing champions/Mental Health First Aiders,
- Learning and Development opportunities.
This isn't an exhaustive list of benefits, to find out any further benefits please contact us.
- Undertake detailed Stock Condition Surveys in accordance with the Associations standards on estate, block, office, dwelling and unit property assets accurately recording the age, condition, remaining life and quantity data for each component.
- Managing and delivering the annual stock survey programme (by conducting both in-house surveys and appointing / managing external consultants).
- Identifying NI Fitness Standard non-compliance issues and accurately recording these.
- Identifying Housing Health and Safety Rating System issues and accurately record these.
- Ensure Health and Safety issues are specified and reported from site.
- Identifying remedial work where necessary eg building defects, latent defects, insurable damage, access issues, tree and M&E risks and reporting to the relevant teams:
- Liaise with Building Surveyors, Clerk of Works, Property Services Officers and Housing staff to resolve identified issues from surveys.
- Assisting with devising the Stock Condition survey programme and taking responsibility for making and keeping appointments.
- Liaising closely with administrative staff for appointments and ensuring that notification letters are sent out in advance of surveys.
- Assisting in processing survey information to ensure compliance with statutory legislation.
- Contributing to the production of option appraisals and prioritisation of planned maintenance programmes reflective of survey outcomes.
- Assisting with data cleansing, improvement, and rationalisation exercises.
- Attend Asset Management team meetings, sharing lessons learnt with colleagues.
- Comply with the requirements of the IMS (Integrated Management System).
- Minimum 1 year experience of Building, Construction or Property services
Foundation Degree or Degree in a property or construction related subject
- Construction related qualification (minimum HNC level) or relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of building construction and components
- Experience of building diagnosis and defects identification
- Good levels of ICT skills and literacy including inputting survey data into a mobile/tablet device
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver projects and work as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
This is a great opportunity to join a very rewarding organisation with great benefits included, please apply today.