Staffline Recruitment is delighted to team up with a leading Wholesale Fresh Produce distributor in Munster who are the preferred supply partner to some of Corks Major food outlets and businesses. They expanding the team and now have a vacancy for an experienced enthusiastic person to join the Stock control team to support the continued growth.
Stock Controller responsibilities include tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with supply chain procedures and have good communication skills to interact with vendors, clients and internal teams.
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed
- Track shipments and address any delays
- Oversee storage of products, particularly of fragile items
- Evaluate suppliers' offers and negotiate profitable deals
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Liaise with warehouse staff and other internal teams to test products' quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Ensure purchases do not exceed budget
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller, Inventory Manageror similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Working knowledge of inventory management software
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good communication and negotiation abilities
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field ( desired not essential)
- Our client values all employees with over half the work force having at least 10 years' service.
- The ideal candidate can expect an excellent working environment, stability, fantastic development opportunities.
- A great salary and benefits package.