The Stores Lead is responsible for planning & delivering training and development of Stores Operatives to ensure process adherence & will support the Stores Manager by leading, supporting & developing a team of Stores Operatives to standard process in support of delivery of Inventory Accuracy, Kitting Accuracy, Operational Plans & Master Production Schedule. The Stores Lead will assist in addressing Operational, Quality & Technical issues in conjunction with a cross functional team to promote Operational Excellence.
* Improve and maintain Inventory Accuracy throughout the store utilising cycle Count analysis and standard process control
* Goods Inward Process and Continuous Improvement
* Kitting Accuracy and Continuous Improvement
* Lead team by example, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times
* Organise labour to process work in accordance with the area, Work to List requirements from production planning.
* Liaise with Operations Support functions to ensure timely delivery of components so that customer demand is satisfied.
* Train new operators and ensure skills matrices are kept up to date.
* Regular review of all CCB and MRB locations ensuring no build-up of good stock
* Ensure all operators follow company, regulatory, quality, health and safety procedures.
* Schedule overtime within preapproved levels.
* Ensure correct and timely usage of MRP (SFDC) system by all stores operatives, to ensure accurate works order issue * 5s Ownership of area of responsibility, maintaining visual metrics as required
* Attend and participate in Value Stream Production and Quality meetings as required.
* Focus on continuous improvement of work area and outputs
* Carry out effective performance management for the team and ensure company policies and procedures are applied consistently.
* Ensuring all Company and regulatory quality, health and safety requirements are maintained and improved.
* Administration and reporting as necessary.
* Develop & maintain visual management systems in line with visual factory.
* Co-ordinate cross-training to maximise versatility of employees.
* Carry out RCCA investigations into any Quality/Process/Safety Issues.
* Ensure clear communications to and from the shift Employees at all times.
* Perform other duties as directed by Department Manager Thompson Aero Seating Limited JD-S-SL-07-21-v2 * Utilising previous experience and skills to cover all areas of assembly
* Train and provide cross training for newly assigned operatives. This training covers both assembly and quality standards
* Verification of new operators work and provide retraining if required
* Perform assembly work where required
Management/Supervisory experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
* Minimum of 1 years' experience using MRP / ERP systems
* Proven experience of driving Continuous Improvement.
* Proven track record in Lean Manufacturing. Must be able to demonstrate and explain techniques which they have used to drive continuous change, Standardised Work, 5's and visual management.
* Experience of minimum 3 years of supervising a team in a high paced Lean Production Environment.
* Experience of achieving Financial, Production and Quality Targets within a Manufacturing Environment.
* Demonstrate a high level of computer literacy with use of various software packages, MS Office, MRP Systems etc.