Store Manager - Søstrene Grene
Staffline Ireland is working exclusively with the Danish retailer Søstrene Grene, an international homeware & lifestyle retail brand, to recruit a Store Manager. This is an exciting role for a proactive, experienced Store Manager who enjoys working in a busy retail store.
The Store Manager will assume the overall management of the store, ensuring exceptional operational and merchandising standards within agreed budgets.
You will lead by example, maximizing and driving store sales opportunities. The Store Manager will drive the team's performance using your experience of positive team development, consistent daily management and inspirational motivation.
- Work within the Søstrene Grene Company standards, strategies and initiatives.
- Achieve sales targets by minimising costs and managing store budgets
- Deliver excellent customer service standards by example, ensuring highly visible and effective customer service management at all times.
- Manage stock levels effectively
- Manage stock orders effectively through weekly stock orders and forecast orders for peak times.
- Recruit, train, manage and set direction for all members of the store team to ensure high performance / productivity at all times.
- Continually train staff to a high level in all aspects of retail work -till operation, customer service, product knowledge, merchandising, stock replenishment, store cleanliness.
- Work closely with the Store Visual Merchandiser and Area Visual Merchandiser to ensure the Søstrene Grene brand image is showcased through outstanding visual merchandising standards at all times.
- Minimise product loss by ensuring all loss prevention procedures are followed
- Enforce a safe working environment through staff and customer safety procedures.
- Ensure stockroom processing and replenishment procedures are in place and that recalls and transfers are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Walk the shop floor regularly, talking with customers and team members in order to identify and resolve potential and real-time service issues.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Minimum 3 years' management experience in a fast-paced company.
- Educational background in Retail Management is an advantage but not essential.
- Able and willing to engage in travel between stores if required
- Strong organisational and management skills with experience in stock management and visual merchandising.
- Can confidently make decisions.
- Flexible in your approach to work in line with the needs of the business. Willing to support new ways of working to improve efficiencies and streamline the business.
- Experience of leading, managing and training teams effectively to increase sales and profitability goals and ensure efficiency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organising training and development
- Experience in dealing with daily issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc.)
- Team player.
- IT Proficient - must be proficient in standard software systems such as Word, Excel Outlook, Skype, Teamviewer but also willing and able to learn new Company software systems to view reports and other sales data.
The successful Store Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Store Manager role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.