Stores Admin Assistant
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be responsible for providing a full range of administrative support primarily in relation to procurement, distribution and stock control of uniforms. The post will also include administrative support in relation to Fleet and Estate.
- Responsible for the provision of day to day administrative services including drafting and typing reports, letters, meeting notes, memos and telephone answering in relation to this post.
- To process and monitor mail including communications between the NIAS Trust and Uniform contractors, service providers and liaise with Regional Supplies.
- To assist the Assistant Director of Operations in liaising with a wide range of contracts involved with the uniform procurement and distribution.
- To ensure appropriate procurement procedures are applied for the purchase of all uniforms.
- Arrange distribution and stock control of uniforms.
- To be responsible for maintenance of stock records which will reflect issuing of goods returns for defects and all movement of inventory.
- Maintain filing, databases and inventory systems f along with stock handling in relation to uniform issues.
- Process requisitions for uniform items.
- Record and maintain databases of estate information and works.
The post holder will be required to:
- Ensure the Trust's policy on equality of opportunity is promoted through their own actions and those of any staff for whom they have responsibility.
- Co-operate fully with the implementation of the Trust's Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, and maintaining a clean, uncluttered and safe environment for patients/clients, members of the public and staff.
- Contribute to ensuring the highest standards of environmental cleanliness within your designated area of work.
- Co-operate fully with regards to Trust policies and procedures relating to infection prevention and control.
- All employees of the trust are legally responsible for all records held, created or used as part of their business within the Trust including patients/clients, corporate and administrative records whether paper-based or electronic and also including emails. All such records are public records and are accessible to the general public, with limited exception, under the Freedom of Information act 2000 the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and the Data Protection Acts 1998. Employees are required to be conversant with the Trusts policy and procedures on records management and to seek advice if in doubt.
- Take responsibility for his/her own ongoing learning and development, including full participation in KSF Development Reviews/appraisals, in order to maximise his/her potential and continue to meet the demands of the post.
- Available / able to work any 5 days out of 7 over the 24 hour period, which may include on-call / stand-by / sleep-in duties, shifts, night duty, weekends and Public Holidays if required immediately on appointment or at a later stage following commencement in response to changing demands of the service.
- This post may evolve over time and this Job Description will therefore be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the individual works. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
- 3 years' experience at HCO (Grade 3) level 2
- Keyboard skills to include two years word processing experience.
- One years' experience of using spreadsheets and databases
- The ability to communicate effectively with all grades of staff both internal to the HPSS and with a wide range of suppliers and outside contractors.
- The ability to display good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including math and English
- Equivalent educational qualification plus two years' experience as HCO (Grade3)
- Working knowledge of purchasing/contracting process and stock management would be an advantage..
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.