This is an exciting opportunity to work in local company with strong growht planned for 2022 and beyond
The Stores Lead is responsible for planning & delivering training and development of Stores Operatives to ensure process adherence & will support the Stores Manager by leading, supporting & developing a team of Stores Operatives to standard process in support of delivery of Inventory Accuracy, Kitting Accuracy, Operational Plans & Master Production Schedule. The Stores Lead will assist in addressing Operational, Quality & Technical issues in conjunction with a cross functional team to promote Operational Excellence.
* Improve and maintain Inventory Accuracy throughout the store utilising cycle Count analysis and standard process control * Goods Inward Process and Continuous Improvement * Kitting Accuracy and Continuous Improvement * Lead team by example, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is maintained at all times * Organise labour to process work in accordance with the area, Work to List requirements from production planning. * Liaise with Operations Support functions to ensure timely delivery of components so that customer demand is satisfied. * Train new operators and ensure skills matrices are kept up to date. * Regular review of all CCB and MRB locations ensuring no build-up of good stock * Ensure all operators follow company, regulatory, quality, health and safety procedures. * Schedule overtime within preapproved levels. * Ensure correct and timely usage of MRP (SFDC) system by all stores operatives, to ensure accurate works order issue * 5s Ownership of area of responsibility, maintaining visual metrics as required * Attend and participate in Value Stream Production and Quality meetings as required. * Focus on continuous improvement of work area and outputs * Carry out effective performance management for the team and ensure company policies and procedures are applied consistently. * Ensuring all Company and regulatory quality, health and safety requirements are maintained and improved. * Administration and reporting as necessary. * Develop & maintain visual management systems in line with visual factory. * Co-ordinate cross-training to maximise versatility of employees. * Carry out RCCA investigations into any Quality/Process/Safety Issues. * Ensure clear communications to and from the shift Employees at all times. * Perform other duties as directed by Department Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Knowledge:
* Working knowledge of KPIs and Operational processes
* Professional and confidential in all aspects of the role. * Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels.
* Strong attention to detail with ability to perform tasks to closure & ensure all tasks undertaken fulfil customer requirement via standard operations within set deadlines.
* Experience of work-based data analysis and problem solving to enable focused and planned process improvements
Skills and competencies required:
* Experience in a highly-regulated Assembly/Manufacturing environment.
* Proficient working knowledge of MRP system
* Management/Supervisory experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment.
* Minimum of 1 years' experience using MRP / ERP systems
* Proven experience of driving Continuous Improvement.
* Proven track record in Lean Manufacturing. Must be able to demonstrate and explain techniques which they have used to drive continuous change, Standardised Work, 5's and visual management.
* Experience of minimum 3 years of supervising a team in a high paced Lean Production Environment.
* Experience of achieving Financial, Production and Quality Targets within a Manufacturing Environment.
* Demonstrate a high level of computer literacy with use of various software packages, MS Office, MRP Systems etc.