Stores Person/Tractor Driver
Rate of Pay: £10.41
Location: Belfast Zoo - Antrim Road
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the Senior Stores Person/Tractor Driver for driving duties and allocated tractor and dumper and carrying out of associated duties, across all sites. To assist relevant staff in the general husbandry of animals including feeding, administering medication and tagging.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for transportation of food stuffs, daily collection and removal of animal waste and other rubbish, goods and equipment.
- To be responsible for the allocated tractor, dumper and all ancillary equipment and associated duties.
- To be responsible for driving a range of vehicles on and off site/s in accordance with the client's Driver Handbook.
- To keep the vehicle clean and check the oil, water, tyre pressures etc and any other areas contained within the Driver Vehicle Inspection Book and amend records accordingly.
- To assist in the timely and efficient control of equipment and stock items in conjunction with other relevant staff and for the receipt, handling and safekeeping of all items of stock held within the stores.
- To ensure that stores areas are kept clean and tidy.
- To ensure that animal dietary requirements are met, through transportation and required preparation of foodstuff.
- To maintain the orderly condition of grounds, such as litter/rubbish clearance, sweeping and general tidiness and assist with associated work, for example, labouring duties, mowing.
- To be responsible for the removal of any animal waste ensuring that the relevant animal by-products order is adhered to off site.
- To be responsible for the transportation and handling of dead animals and quarantine waste ensuring relevant animal by-products order is adhered to off site.
- To assist in the safe movement of animals and to ensure the security of animal compounds, for example, key holding.
- To deputise for the Senior Stores Person/Tractor Driver as required within own functional area of responsibility.
- To be responsible for the transportation and decanting of chemicals.
- To be involved in team meetings on a weekly/monthly basis and to assist with special events as and when required.
- To be responsible for assisting with the training of any new starts.
- To complete associated paperwork.
- To comply with all Health and Safety at Work legislation.
- To carry out the duties of the post in such a way as to protect and enhance the profile of the client.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms:
- possess a full, current driving licence(classes C1+E and F) which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland;
- possess a full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC); and
- be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have relevant experience of:
- driving a tractor and operating mobile plant; and
- operational stores experience such as stock control and replenishment.
- Please note, all eligible applicants must undergo a tractor driving assessment as part of the selection process.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.