Temporary Stores Person/Tractor Driver required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Location: Belfast Zoo, Antrim Road
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 1 month pending review
- Transportation of food stuffs, daily collection and removal of animal waste and other rubbish, goods and equipment
- To be responsible for the allocated tractor, dumper and all ancillary equipment and associated duties
- Driving a range of vehicles on and off sites in accordance with the Driver Handbook
- To keep the vehicle clean and check the oil, water, tyre pressures etc. and any other areas contained within the Driver Vehicle Inspection Book and amend records accordingly
- Ensure that stores areas are kept clean and tidy
- Ensure that animal dietary requirements are met, through transportation and required preparation of foodstuff
- To maintain the orderly condition of grounds, sweeping and general tidiness
- To be responsible for the removal of any animal waste ensuring that the relevant animal by-products order is adhered to off site
- Transportation and handling of dead animals and quarantine waste ensuring relevant animal by-products order is adhered to off site
- To assist in the safe movement of animals and to ensure the security of animal compounds
- Deputise for the Senior Stores Person/Tractor Driver as required within own functional area of responsibility
- To be responsible for the transportation and decanting of chemicals
- To be involved in team meetings on a weekly/monthly basis and to assist with special events as and when required
- To complete associated paperwork.
- To comply with all Health and Safety at Work legislation
- possess a full, current driving licence (classes C1 OR F) which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland
- possess a full, current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, relevant experience of driving a tractor and operating mobile plant and operational stores experience such as stock control and replenishment.
Please note, all eligible applicants must undergo a tractor driving assessment as part of the selection process.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.