The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
This is a new senior post established within the Finance Department to lead a small Economics Team. The post holder will have strategic responsibility for the analysis, interpretation and assessment of economic data to advise and make recommendations to Senior Management, within the organisation, on the optimisation of resources. The post holder will have a significant impact through ensuring the organisation operates in an effective, efficient and economic manner, delivers value for money and has a positive impact in respect of the general public.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours (Monday- Friday 9am- 5pm)
- Possess an Honours Degree level qualification in a relevant subject such as Management, Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Have at least 3 years' relevant experience of the development or review of large economic appraisals (greater than £1m) in line with HM Treasury guidance (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of:
- Managing a team of professional economists;
- Working with and advising senior managers;
- Developing creative and innovative solutions that optimise business operations;
- Using analytical skills to make a significant impact on corporate strategic decision making.
4. Can demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a successful track record in developing and maintaining productive working relationships
- Excellent planning skills and ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines
- Delivery of high quality work with excellent attention to detail
5. Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Membership of a recognised professional body
- Experience of working in the Public Sector.
- Suitable post-graduate qualifications.
- Rates of pay - £22.65 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.