Student Support Note Takers
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Student Support Note Takers to start ASAP for a duration of 8 Months.
Pay rate: £10.05 per hour
Location: All Campuses - The role may be based at any of the Colleges locations, and there may a requirement to travel between sites.
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
To act as an educational note-taker to produce notes on behalf of students with disabilities who are studying a range of courses at Belfast Metropolitan College.
Have a minimum of an NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in a relevant subject
Applicants must hold GCSE English Language (Grades A-C) OR Essential skills level 2 or higher in Communication, or equivalent
Applicants must hold GCSE Mathematics (Grades A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Application of Number, OR NICATS Access Maths Modules
Have a minimum of six months' note taking experience
- Produce accurate, clear, accessible and appropriately detailed notes for students in the required format;
- Attend lectures, tutorials and other classes and take notes as requested;
- Prepare for classes using resources available and to engage in appropriate research to familiarise yourself with subjects and/or to identify specialised vocabulary;
- Provide an accurate copy of the notes to students within an agreed time limit, normally 48 hours;
- Make any necessary reasonable adjustments to ensure support is delivered in an accessible manner as directed
- Complete and return all.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland