Subject Access Request Co-Ordinator
Craigavon Area Hospital
The Client: Local Public body based in Craigavon, serving local residents.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
To ensure a quality service is delivered for the provision of records in accordance with Data Protection legislation for Subject Access Requests received via Information Governance Department (IG) from Patients, Patient representatives, and requests for records from other external agencies.
To ensure that all Subject Access Requests are processed according to the agreed timescales set out in the general data protection regulations (GDPR).
Act as a role model to colleagues within and outside the department, always seeking to maintain the highest standard of professionalism.
Behave consistently with the values of Southern Health and Social Care Trust and promote these on a daily basis.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Input onto the Subject Access Spreadsheet the receipt of all requests from external agencies.
- To locate, obtain and photocopy (or scan onto necessary systems) all medical records (both paper and electronic), contacting various disciplines and departments as necessary.
- Ensure that any information is redacted (this is dependent on Department may be only as instructed and after a redaction decision has been made by a clinician / manager)
- To liaise with Medical Staff where necessary in order to gain their "consent to release", before copies are forwarded to the requestor (IG).
- Prioritise workload for self to ensure that all requests are processed in accordance with the general data protection regulations (GDPR), and within the required timescales.
- Triage Subject Access Requests to determine whether a request is complex and confirm the timescales. Where the timescales are unable to be achieved, ensure that any extension of this is communicated to Information Governance Team giving the reason for the delay and anticipated timescale e.g. complex requests
- Escalate to management where delays have breached the required timescales.
- Notify the Benefits Agencies in writing regarding in-patients, who are on Benefits, when they are admitted, discharged or go on leave. Enter patient details into Admissions Book and complete CF73 forms regards the patient benefits, photocopy and send by post to Benefits Agencies. Record these details on Excel spreadsheet for completing validation at month end.
- Sending letters to Employers detailing the Admission and Discharge dates as requested by patients.
- Deal with telephone calls from Benefits Agencies who are looking to clarify information on admission and discharge dates for their claimants. Completing the necessary checks and maintaining patient confidentially at all times.
- Process the medical records requests from Medico-legal and Information Governance Departments. Preparation of clinical Notes for release to PSNI, Courts, Compensation Agency etc and liaison with Litigation Office regarding same. Adhering to Trust Policies and Procedures on Confidentiality and Data Protection and adhering to the response times for completion.
- Assist the Medical Records Officer & Admin Manager in regards to the MHO Detention Form e.g. photocopying / scanning of Detention Forms and uploading onto PARIS and processing the Rights and Powers letters and posting to patients Next of Kin.
- Produce the GP payment correspondence when MHO Form 3 is signed and forward to the Assistant Director MH for approval, to enable Finance Dept to release payment to GPs.
- Undertake filing duties and retrieval of charts as required within the Medical Records Department.
- To forward copies of the medical records to the correct destination in a secure envelope, marked Private and Confidential and send by internal post or if external by recorded delivery, recording the date dispatched against the application on the Subject Access Spread sheet.
- To ensure the tracking of original medical records is maintained, using the PAS/ Patient Centre / Paris Case note Tracking System to ensure that records are easily located.
- To participate as required in the rota for Health Records for the provision of medical records if required.
- To take every reasonable opportunity to maintain and improve your professional knowledge and competence, ensuring that all Corporate Mandatory Training is completed within the required timescales.
- Highlight any problems as they occur to Line Manager.
- Participate in regular team meetings.
- Contribute to the induction and training of new staff as required.
- To be aware and comply with Trust Policies.
- Ensure the highest level of customer care and reflect a positive image of the Trust at all times.
- Post will require frequent periods of standing photocopying, sitting, inputting at the keyboard for most of day, and may include elements of lifting, sorting, filing, general handling of case records as well as pushing trolleys with patient notes.
- Postholder may have contact with patients and other external service representatives to provide guidance of the provision of records, and may be subject to occasional emotional circumstances due to the nature of the request for information.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 37.5 hours per week - 9am 5pm
- 4 GCSEs at Grade A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years relevant administrative / clerical experience
- 2 years relevant administrative/clerical experience
- Rates of pay £11.11 per hour
- Holiday entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.