|Published||23 days ago|
|Contact email||Coragh McCashin|
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Summer Scheme Assistant to start in July.
Role: Summer Playscheme Worker
Hours: 30 hours per week
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of application forms, be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant experience of each of the following areas:
- The direct supervision of children as a major element, or, substantial part of your role, or, as part of daily duties; and
- Planning and delivering organised play activities.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over for child protection purposes.
To be responsible to the designated Assistant Community Development Officer or Playworker to assist with the organisation of a Summer Playscheme, including day to day programming and development of activities. This will include activities in the centre and trips and activities away from the centre.
Groups that the Worker may be required to work with will include children (4-16 years).
- To organise, supervise and initiate in specific activities inside and away from the Summer Playscheme as determined by the Assistant Community Development Officer or Playworker.
- To prepare and arrange materials and resources for use in the Summer Playscheme.
- To support work with volunteers and staff to help develop the scope of the Summer Playscheme programme.
- To fully implement good practice guidelines as set out within the council's Playwork Code of Practice and to comply with the guidelines set out within the council's Child Protection Policy.
- To fully implement all Health and Safety procedures as required.
- To be involved as required in evaluation and monitoring processes,
- To assist with the administration and financial aspects of the playscheme as required.
- To undertake such duties as may from time to time be required.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of Belfast City Council.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coragh McCashin will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.