Support Coordinators - Coleraine
Support Coordinators - Residential
£22,000 - £25,000
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to working in partnership with Positive Futures, recruiting Support Coordinators to be based in Coleraine, on a permanent basis offering hours with a minimum of 16 hours per week up to 37.5 hours per week. These roles will involve evening, weekend and unsocial hours.
Celebrating 25 years, Positive Futures has been at the forefront of working with individuals and families, supporting people with learning disabilities, acquired brain injuries and people on the autistic spectrum. These are excellent opportunities for experienced support workers, ready to take the next step in their career.
A full copy of the job description is available on request but you will:
- Provide person centred support, forming a positive relationship with the person supported, maintaining appropriate professional boundaries with people we support and their families
- Support people to be safe and healthy in all aspects of their lives including, maintaining their physical and emotional well-being and looking after their homes
- Support independence, social and communication skills, developing the child/young persons potential to have choice and control over all aspects of their lives. Helping them make decisions based upon informed choice and speak up for themselves and/or seek support from advocacy services where needed.
- Enable people to participate and contribute to their local community as active citizens. Supporting the child/young person to develop friendships, keep in touch with important people in their lives (including friends, family, carers, advocates and any significant people)
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) or be willing to attain this upon commencement of post
- 2 years' experience providing support to people in a social care setting
- Minimum age of 21 years
- Experience of working with, and managing, complex needs and challenging behaviours; assessing and managing risk
- Experience of working as part of a team within a social care setting
- Experience of supporting children
- Knowledge of the support needs of people with a learning disability
- Excellent communication, problem solving and team working skills with a kind and caring disposition
- Fully flexible to cover a variety of shifts that will include evenings, weekends and unsocial hours
- Full driving licence that will enable you to meeting any driving requirements
- £22,000 - £25,000 salary per annum and Night Time Support Payment
- Perks card with over 1,500 offers and discounts
- Free confidential counselling service
- Free car parking
- Generous annual leave entitlement and company sick pay scheme
- NISCC standard Induction and continual CPD
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.