Support Services (Catering Assistant)
Support Services Assistant
Temporary Support Services Assistant required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Rate of Pay: £9.50
Location: Mount Oriel Day Centre, Belfast
Hours: 25hrs - 9am - 2pm or 10am - 3pm Monday - Friday. 5 hrs per day
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The Support Services Assistant will be responsible for serving patient meals and beverages as appropriate dependent upon work location/area. The role involves providing a caring service and to treat those with whom they contact in a courteous and respectful manor. Standard hygiene rules and legislation's will apply.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision, where applicable, of a range of catering related duties e.g., Reheating meals. Making gravy/custard, making toast, hot/cold beverages, setting up and distributing to patient.
- To prepare the patient meal service including the necessary equipment, cutlery, crockery, meal trays etc.
- The plating, portioning, garnishing and presentation of patient meals.
- To ensure that all food is of a high standard, mindful of portion control, meal content, correct temperatures and presentation.
- Clean crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and small-scale equipment manually and through dishwashers.
- To always follow departmental policy and Food Safety Standards guidelines.
- Operate cash registers at point of service, where/as appropriate.
- Four GCSE's Grade C/4 or above (to include English Language)
- Catering experience of 2 years or above
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with various grades and professions.
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons Hannah.email@example.com
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.