Support Services Domestic Cleaner
Temporary domestic cleaner required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust at Holywood Arches. Must be 18 years or older.
Rate of Pay: 9.21
Location: Holywood Arches
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The postholder will be responsible for providing cleaning, catering and laundry services within a designated facility.
Band 2 Support Services Assistants will be working in facilities which involve interaction with Learning Disability/Mental Health clients as part of duties
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
For each of the following, the post holder will;
- Cleaning duties in all areas as detailed on work schedules or as instructed.
- Preparation/cooking/re-heating/serving of food and beverages to the standard required.
- Maintaining all records as required.
- Laundry service - receive, sort and launder items to the standard required.
- Waste disposal.
- Stripping and making unoccupied beds.
- Locking doors and setting alarms.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Adhering to all Trust policies and procedures and participating in training as required.
- Assisting with support services duties in any part of the Trust in order to assist with staff shortages as required.
- Support Service Assistants employed in residential facilities will have substantial unsupervised access on a daily basis to children or people with learning disabilities while cleaning bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges, laundry rooms and linen stores. This direct contact also applies to working in the kitchen and storage areas. The facilities are geared towards providing a home like environment and to deny residents access to any part of the facility would not be practical and would not comply with Trust's policy.
In this context, vetting procedures will be carried out on all candidates before any appointment is made for a children's home or residential home for people with learning disabilities.
Must be 18 years old or over
Previous experience preferred but not necessary
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.firstname.lastname@example.org
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.