Support Worker/Support Assistant
£12.68 an hour
Days & Nights
Full-time & Bank available
Days Additional hours- £14.41
Nights & Twilight hours- £13.87
My client's facility is a Positive Behaviour Support Service (PBS) which consists of 12 single occupancy apartments lo-
cated in West Belfast. The service provides a Person-Centred approach through supported living solutions to
service users with Learning Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and complex needs. The Service operates
under the Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Framework and provides 24hr care and support.
This role requires a team approach in delivering person-centred care with a focus on
achieving positive outcomes for the service users. This includes:
- Assisting with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion in a broad range of activities.
- Follow and assist with identified personal care and support needs of service users.
- Completing and maintaining CPI Safety Intervention training and using the techniques, where appropriate.
- Adhering to the standards set by RQIA, Supporting People, HSCT and NISCC; as well as Adult Safeguarding protocols.
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks days pro rata in each leave year (inclusive of statutory days). This increases to 6.6 weeks after 5 years' service and 7 weeks after 10 years' service.
- Paid breaks.
- Free car parking as well as tea and coffee.
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees.
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF Level 3.
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on statutory days.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution.
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support.
- Health Cashback Scheme.
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers.
The ideal candidate will be confident, calm and compassionate, who can provide meaningful support in times of
crisis and within a challenging environment.
- Demonstrate evidence of 1 year experience of providing care or support
- Effective verbal and written communication to incluce numeracy skills
- Knowledge of the needds of those who have learning disabilities
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge on behaviours that challenge
If you think you have the skills to excel in this role, hit APPLY or if you would like to know more information contact ERIN FAULKNER at Staffline
02890242824 ext 359