|Published||24 days ago|
£21, 021 per annum
35 hours - 7 day rota, to include mornings, evenings, weekends and nights (which allows for sleep)
Scope of Responsibility
To be a member of a multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support service users. Working to a housing-led, low threshold, harm reduction approach, where service users receive a high degree of support and advice. My client has a commitment to service user participation and to empowering our service users to manage their own lives. To support the effective day to day running of the service. You will undertake daily reception and building management tasks, support service users in their transition into the service, to use the service effectively. You will support the Case Workers to deliver bespoke personalised support plans to clients, including the delivery of activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Service user focus
● To be the first point of contact for service users, agencies, contractors, visitors etc. Ensuring a warm, professional, welcoming and engagement
● Ensure the practical needs of our services users are met on a day to day basis
● Ensuring service users records are being maintained
● To provide colleagues with timely and accurate communication relating to service users.
● Assist case workers to meet the needs of service users in line with support plans and safety and wellbeing management plans
Health & Safety
● To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the service in accordance with my clients Health and Safety policy and procedures.
● To ensure all health & wellbeing and building checks are completed
● To identify building defects in line with organisational health and safety standards
● To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the project in accordance with Depaul's Health and Safety policy and the services risk assessments.
Administration & Record Keeping
● Carry out project administration tasks such as upkeep of petty cash, project statistics, invoices, record keeping, Service User's files, OTIS, IR and AR completion etc.
● To remain vigilant to IT and cyber risks and comply at all times with my clients IT Security policies.
● To be a contributing team player, taking part in handovers, team meetings, core training, the mentoring of Volunteers and supporting other team members in ensuring all decision making is appropriate and consistent
● To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work in line with my clients Values and ethos.
**The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time
● 3 GCSE's A-C to include Maths and English or equivalent Experience
● 1 year paid relevant work experience or 2 years relevant volunteering experience Skills
● Good working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management processes
● Good IT skills, including working knowledge of using IT systems to record client information
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
● The ability to compile and present accurate written and electronic reports Knowledge
● Have an understanding of homelessness and the issues that can lead to homelessness ● Have an understanding of what supports can be offered in homeless services to promote positive futures
● Have a knowledge of the statutory and voluntary sector resources available to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness
● Understand the importance for Health and Safety standards in the delivery of services on a day to day basis.
● Knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and the ability to network/liaise with all relevant bodies
● Knowledge and willingness to work within the guidelines of my clients vision mission and values.
**Ability to work on a rota basis (7-day week - mornings, evenings, weekends and nights).
This Post is subject to an Enhanced Access NI check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from working with Depaul. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences or other information contained on a disclosure certificate.
This post is subject to NISCC registration, if you do hold a valid registration this must be completed within your probationary period.
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890242824 ext 404 or on 07826064920.