Support Worker (Hostel) - Belfast
Support Worker - Hostel
£21,315 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Support Worker - Hostel on a fixed term contract basis to March 2022 with the possibility of extension, located in Belfast. You will need to be fully flexible to cover a variety of shifts that will include evenings, weekends and unsocial hours.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
- With a full job description on request, you will be part of a team of eight Support Workers (two workers per day/night) responsible for the daily operations of the hospital facility. You will ensure immediate and ongoing support for up to 5 females on any one day; many of whom will have complex and multiple needs. You will have responsibility for ensuring the facility is a female friendly, welcoming, safe, and homely environment.
- 6 months experience working in a homelessness environment OR 6 months experience working with people with complex needs
- Understand the need for confidentiality
- Understanding of and commitment to working within our ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold services
- Understanding of issues involved in working with homeless people, particularly females
- Understanding of the risks involved in working in a residential setting and the risks involved in lone working
- Able to manage challenging individuals and situations
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to adhere to Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Protection of Vulnerable Adults, and other policies
- Excellent written/verbal communication, numerical and interpersonal skills
- Competent in the use of IT systems including Microsoft
- Ability to maintain high levels of cleanliness and promote a welcoming environment
- Able to work daily shift hours as required including weekends.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Access NI check is required for this post
- The post holder will be required to wear identifiable clothing (uniform) whilst working
*ONLY CANDIDATES THAT DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE CRITERIA ON THEIR CV WILL BE CONTACTED*
- £21,315 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.