Support Worker (Hostel) - Belfast City Centre
Support Worker - Hostel
Belfast City Centre
£22,932 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Support Worker - Hostel on a full-time permanent basis, located in Belfast City Centre.
Shift patterns are currently running 9am to 9pm, 4 days per week, and 3 days the following week.
Our client is one of Belfast's most well-known charities that help people affected by homelessness providing a range of potentially life-saving services to around 1,400 people affected by homelessness across greater Belfast every year.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of the homeless community in Belfast.
As part of a team of eight Support Workers (two workers per day/night) you will be responsible for the daily management of the facility. You will ensure immediate and ongoing support for up to 5 females on any one day; many of whom will have complex and multiple needs. You will have particular responsibility for ensuring a female friendly, welcoming, safe and homely environment.
- 6 months experience working in a homelessness environment OR 6 months experience working with people with complex needs OR Relevant experience or skills that would be transferable to the post
- Understanding of and commitment to working within an ethos of High Tolerance, Low Threshold services
- Understanding of issues involved in working with homeless people; particularly females
- Understanding of the risks involved in working in a residential setting and lone working
- Fully flexible to work shift patterns including evenings and weekends
- £22,932 per annum
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Access to superb training and development to develop your skills, professional supervision and support
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.