Support Workers - Adult Workshops (P/T Permanent)
Support Workers - Adult Workshops
£11,431 (pro-rata) x 24 hours per week
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting Support Workers - Adult Workshops for our client based in Holywood on a part time permanent basis, 24 hours per week, 9am - 5pm
Set upon a 100 acre estate our client offers a therapeutic setting within a calm and nurturing environment with the aim of providing opportunities to service users and employees to meet their full potential.
This position will involve working in the Craft/Arts Workshop.
- Assist to ensure that all work within the Adult Day Services is person centered and upholds the principles of respect, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, independence and choice as well as upholding the values and ethos of the organisation
- Deliver individual programs of support with the focus on developing further skills designed to enhance and maximize the potential, capabilities and independence of residents and day attendees.
- Follow individual care and support plans, and report any changes in, or concerns about the resident/day attendee to their line manager.
- Assist with intimate care needs where required.
- Assist group leaders with the assessment, monitoring and reviewing of individual's skills and needs.
- As part of the team, establish goals with residents/day attendees on an individual basis to ensure the effective utilization of residents/day attendee's skills and abilities.
- Participate in supporting the strengths and needs of the residents/day attendees.
- Ensure resident's opinions, views, suggestions, feelings and wishes are listened to and their personal affairs are dealt with in a sensitive manner and promote and participate in maintaining a safe and comfortable environment.
- Support residents and day attendees in participating in seasonal crafts, festivals and events, both within the organisation and the wider local community.
- Actively support purposeful work day opportunities with and alongside residents and day attendees.
- Hold a Level 2 Health & Social Care minimum and 6 months experience in a caring and/or educational support field
- 1 year minimum experience, without Level 2 Health & Social Care, working in a day opportunities/social care setting
- Ability, experience, knowledge and/or an interest in Arts and Crafts
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience of Arts and Crafts
- NISCC registered or willing to be registered within 6 months of appointment
- Basic Numeracy and literacy (English language) skills.
- Comfortable with personal care and challenging behaviours
- Be flexible to work in different environments when required
- £11,431 pro rata per annum
- Organisation Pension and Occupational Sick Pay Scheme with qualification periods
- Commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
- Staff recognition & reward incentives aligned to high standards of performance
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692/07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.