SUPPORT WORKERS - DAY & NIGHTS
£10.42 - £11.81 p/hr
20 - 35 hours - rota based
**WELCOME BONUS OF £1000 - T&C's apply**
If you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of others and caring for people who have a learning disability and associated complex needs we would love to meet you!
Supported Living Service provides innovative living solutions to people with different levels of housing support and care needs.
My clients facility consists of 13 single occupancy, fully adapted apartments, designed to facilitate Supported Living for tenants with high support needs, under one roof. The tenant group includes adults with physical disability, brain injury or neurological disability. It combines housing with care and technology to increase independence and enhance quality of life. Tenants can utilise elements of assistive technology to support daily living. The extent of support and care provided is based on individual assessment of need. Personalised support services available include support with daily living activities, personal care, leisure and social skills and household management.
The role requires Support Worker to apply a team approach to promote effective working partnerships for the benefit of the service user. Supporting service users with activities of daily living and facilitate inclusion of service users in a broad range of activities. This is all done in accordance with the service users individual personal care and support needs.
HOURS OF WORK!!
20 - 35 hours rota based.
Flexibility is required to ensure the needs of the service are met. Support Workers must be available to work unsociable hours and on public holidays on a rotational basis. Working patterns can be discussed.
- Annual Leave 5.6 weeks in each leave year (inclusive of public and statutory holidays). This increases with length of service, up to 33 days per yeaR
- Paid breaks
- Free tea and coffee
- Recognition & Reward scheme available to all staff in the course of their work
- Paid annual NISCC registration fees
- Investor in People accredited organisation with commitment to development of employees through paid training and learning opportunities, including QCF Level 3.
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, 5% employee contribution and 4% employer contribution
- Occupational Sick Pay (2 weeks full pay, 2 weeks half pay after 6 months service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24/7 Doctors support
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Special offers at over 600 leading high street and online retailers
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES!!
· Ensure that all work within the scheme is service user focused and upholds the principles of respect, privacy, dignity, fulfilment, independence and choice.
· Orientate new service users to the supported living scheme and the local community, including introduction to neighbours as appropriate.
· Deliver individual programmes of support, for example, social and domestic guidance, personal hygiene and community living skills designed to enhance and maximise the capabilities and independence of the service users.
· Assist senior staff with assessment of service users' needs.
· Participate in monitoring and reviewing individual service user's skills and needs.
· As part of the team, the Support Worker will establish goals with the service users on an individual basis to ensure the effective utilisation of the service user's resources.
· Participate in supporting the physical and personal needs of service users.
· When applicable, the Support Worker will ensure that medication is held, stored and administered in accordance with The Medication Policy.
· Will ensure service users' opinions and suggestions are listened to and their personal problems dealt with in a sensitive manner.
Accommodation / Health and Safety
· Carry out other duties appropriate with the post.
· Work within the rota system in order to meet the needs of the service users, the service and statutory regulations. Available to work evenings and weekends as required
· Contributing to maintenance of all records required by The Cedar Foundation and as outlined in statutory regulations.
· Food preparation as required.
· Willingness to undertake mandatory training.
· Willingness to partake in personal development.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Committed to ensuring the provision of high-quality person-centred services.
· Awareness of importance of promoting social inclusion for service users
· Understand the relevance of empowering people and promoting independence
· Appreciates the importance of respecting others and delivering excellent services
· Committed to and be able to demonstrate how you achieve results
Good literacy and numeracy skills
Application Form/ Interview
Interest in working with people in a care environment.
Application Form/ Interview
Awareness of the needs of people with physical, sensory ,brain injury or learning disabilities.
Application Form/ Interview
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404 / 07826064920 or via email email@example.com
STAFFLINE MEDICAL are a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.