Support Worker - Newry
£18,285 per annum
Staffline Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Support Worker on a permanent full-time basis located in Newry. You will need to be fully flexible to cover a variety of shifts that will include evenings, weekends, and unsocial hours.
Our client is a Northern Ireland based charity who work with children and young people (aged 6 -25) that are experiencing homelessness, substance abuse, self-harm, mental health issues, leaving care or generally at risk.
- A full copy of the Job Description is available on request, however as a Support Worker you will aid in the provision of housing related support and guidance to young people in conjunction with their identified support and safety needs.
- You'll assist young people as they transition into adulthood and plan for their move on from supported housing into the community. You will also provide an accessible point of contact at night / weekends and to promote the protection and safeguarding of young people
- 6 Months' experience (paid or voluntary) of supporting people in a caring role as an employee, volunteer or carer.
- Understanding and knowledge of homelessness, mental health and substance use.
- Ability to practice in line with organisation's ethos and values.
- The ability to plan and prioritise workload and excellent communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and team working skills with a flexible and adaptable attitude and effective leadership skills
- The ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of people, particularly young people and stakeholders
*ONLY CANDIDATES THAT DEMONSTRATE THE ABOVE CRITERIA ON THEIR CV WILL BE CONTACTED*
- £18,285 per annum
- 30 days annual leave + stats leave entitlement
- Competitive maternity leave and sick pay package
- Supportive working environment with a multiple award-winning organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for remote working
Please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692 / 07384 218 447
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.