Sustainability and Impact Manager
Staffline Ireland are recruiting for a Sustainability and Impact Manager for a company in the leisure and tourism industry. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Sustainability and Impact Manager will lead and deliver the company-wide sustainability and impact plans to drive ambitious targets and accelerate sustainability performance. The Sustainability and Impact Manager will champion sustainability practices across company's operations; shaping ideas, initiatives and change programmes to create positive impact.
- To project manage and deliver company's sustainability action plan to ensure that tasks, targets and actions are delivered on time and within scope.
- To monitor progress and provide regular updates to the senior management team and make recommendations for improvements.
- Lead and manage company's annual submission into the Global Destinations Sustainability (GDS) Index; the world's leading performance improvement and benchmarking tool for destinations, in partnership with colleagues, Belfast City Council, industry partners and city stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with Belfast City Council, city stakeholders, industry, communities and global networks to develop and implement sustainable practices and projects to support delivery of the company's business plan and Belfast's new 10 year tourism action plan.
- Provide research, insights and advice on global best practice and make recommendations shape and inform sustainability plans.
- Lead the work of the company sustainability working group, providing regular briefings, insights, reports and helping to take forward and implement recommendations and plans made by the group.
- Lead certification plan to secure, retain and improve its Green Tourism award. To project manage the certification process and coordinate input and engagement across the company to support the senior management team.
- Develop collaborative partnerships and initiatives with community, social and environmental organisations to maximise positive impact for local residents and communities.
- Work with the business tourism team to support the delivery of event sustainability plans to maximise impact and legacy as well as minimising the environmental impacts from events.
- Help develop sustainability content for marketing, communications, partnership and sales channels.
- Represent company at industry, stakeholder and partner events and meetings as appropriate.
- Contribute towards the business planning, strategy development and delivery of operational plans to ensure sustainability and impact is embedded in all activities.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- Degree level qualification.
- 2 years sustainability or corporate social responsibility experience.
- Experience of delivering and managing projects effectively.
- Excellent working knowledge of sustainability concepts, practices and principles.
- Experience of delivering presentations at a senior level.
- Experience of complex stakeholder engagement and management and working collaboratively to achieve goals and outcomes.
- Results-driven and target orientated.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and colleagues.
- Excellent analytical, planning, organisational skills including business planning and report writing.
- Entrepreneurial skills, self-starter, energy, drive, enthusiasm and team player.
- Confident management style, ability to work under pressure effectively and resilience.
- Fully proficient in key MS office applications - word, excel and PowerPoint etc.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline- CSR. tourism, events, sustainability
- Sustainability education, certification/qualifications.
- Knowledge of social enterprise, community, voluntary and environmental organisations
- Knowledge of the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Experience of leading projects
The successful Sustainability and Impact Manager will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Sustainability and Impact Manager role will be based in Belfast.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Staffline Ireland by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Staffline Ireland Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Ireland, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.