Our client, a leading manufacturing company, has a vacancy for a Sustainability Manager at their site in Co Fermanagh.
The company has been operating since the 1970's and they are an integral part of larger group. They are constantly evolving through technical innovation, and they are now at the forefront of providing pioneering, cost effective, construction solutions designed to meet the needs of any construction project.
As the Sustainability Manager you will be required to carry out a variety of duties including;
- Preparing, maintaining and delivering the business Sustainability, Biodiversity and Climate Action Strategy and Plan.
- Providing leadership, advice and support across the various parts of the business.
- Working closely with others to establish and achieve carbon reduction initiatives, build business cases and seek funding opportunities to deliver strategic projects.
- Using your specialist knowledge on carbon reduction, biodiversity and sustainability as this will be relied upon in educating and training colleagues and other business stakeholders.
- Advising on utility usage, waste management, and sustainability aspects to ensure a high level of excellence is maintained across the business
- Developing and implementing an appropriate sustainability strategy across the business;
- Working towards sustainability standards such as BREEAM, SKA, LEED, ISO 14001, etc.
- Providing information to senior management on current and upcoming energy regulation and legislation, and ensure compliance is maintained;
- Working alongside plant maintenance teams to ensure sustainability standards are upheld in all areas
Hours of work:
- Mon - Thurs 8am - 5.30pm, Fri 8am - 5pm
- 42hrs per week
The successful Sustainability Manager, will be an experienced energy professional with previous knowledge of legislative requirements, energy management systems (ISO 50001) and sustainability, biodiversity and waste management within a manufacturing discipline.
You will possess the following
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or a Masters in Sustainable Energy or an equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrable ability to analyse complex information and data
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to interact with compliance and statutory bodies within the environmental sector.
- A working knowledge of low or zero carbon technology including electric or hydrogen powered vehicles is required.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent salary
- Free parking
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1986, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.