Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for a Swim Teacher on a temporary basis based in Ballymena.
Role: Swim Teacher
Rate of Pay: £10.00 per 30min lesson
Hours: Casual on call (To include various evenings and weekends)
Duration: Temporary - Ongoing
Main Purpose of the role:
Required to supervise and teach swimming. Exact working times will be negotiated. Some flexibility will be required on working hours to enable the post holder to respond to the fluctuating demands of the role including evenings and weekends.
- Teach, assess, and coach leisure centres swimming programme, special needs group and any other groups as required.
- Support Swimming Teachers in delivering lessons during holiday and sickness cover.
- Ensure that classes commence and finish at the designated time.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, responsibility for equipment set up and safety where appropriate.
- Prepare lesson plans that meet the needs of the requirements of the ASA Learn to Swim Framework for skill development and stroke development prior to commencement of lessons.
- Liaise with NGB to identify changes to the programme and laws governing competitive swimming.
- Assist and maintain records for all Leisure centre swimming programmes on a weekly basis.
- To make, recommend and contribute to the long-term plan and development of the swimming programme.
- Maintain a high level of Customer Care including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to their completion.
- Actively participate in the centres ongoing training plan and any additional training needs identified, maintaining all relevant qualifications e.g. NPLQ and any Swimming Teacher Qualifications that require updating as per Governing Body.
- Provide assistance to wheelchair users entering and leaving the building and pools as required.
- As the duties and responsibilities of the post will involve contact with children, the appointee will be required to be trained in and comply fully with the requirements of Council's child protection policy.
- Ensure full compliance with Health and Safety requirements and legislation in accordance with Ballymena Borough Councils policies and procedures, taking into consideration specifically the Health and Safety of you, work colleagues, centre users and contractors.
- To actively participate in the centre's achievement/maintenance of Quest.
Recognised Swimming Teachers Full qualification (ASA, STA, SWIM IRELAND)
i.e. STA Certificate, Swim Ireland Level 2, ASA Level 2 Swimming Teacher
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.