Main Purpose of Job
The postholder will be responsible for organising, teaching, supervising and delivering a comprehensive swimming tuition programme and other water-related activities to schools, groups and members of the public, including school holiday activity programmes eg summer scheme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organise, teach, supervise and deliver structured swimming lessons and other water-based activities for schools, groups and members of the public, as directed by management, in such a way as to reflect the diverse requirements (e.g. special needs, mixed ability groups) of individuals within groups.
- To develop, in conjunction with the Centre Manager, and deliver a structured quality programme of work/lessons for each group.
- To liaise with parents and school teachers on participant performance and course content, and provide reports as required by management
- To ensure the safety and suitability of each exercise or activity programme with particular regard to each individual participating.
- To assist with the promotion and publicity of activities and events related to the post.
- To promote a comprehensive range of swim merchandise and advise participants and teachers on specialist swimming equipment (e.g. fins, hand paddles, goggles, swim caps and pool buoys).
- Maintain stock levels of badges and certificates and replenish as required to ensure sufficient stocks are available for distribution at all times.
- To assist with the Leisure Centre's ongoing Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard training as required.
- To assist with the organisation, co-ordination, delivery, instruction and supervision of Summer Schemes and other general schemes run by Leisure Services.
- To handle, erect and dismantle relevant equipment, undertake daily equipment inspections, ensure that such equipment is in a safe condition for use, and that it is correctly and safely stored.
- To maintain and provide statistical records and reports as requested by the Centre Manager/Centre Supervisors.
- To assist with the development of teaching and the general leisure programme of the department as required (e.g. courses, Council galas and school galas).
- To be responsible for ensuring the prompt reporting and recording of all accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the purpose of the post.
- A recognised Level 2 Swimming teachers qualification ie ASA, Swim Ireland or STA Swimming Instructor qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months previous swim teaching experience
- Customer Care: ability to provide excellent customer care
- Team Working: foster team work and promote good team processes and communication
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to deliver results
- Identify areas of service improvement and raising standards
- Strong Swimmer - shortlisted candidates will be expected to undertake and pass swim test
Interested applicants please call Ashleigh 028 25642699 or email cv to email@example.com