The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: To be responsible for developing & implementing a comprehensive & structured programme of swimming lessons. To promote physical wellbeing & improved health through swimming teaching activities.
Hours of work: 17.5 hrs per week
- STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching Level 2 OR Swim Ireland Teaching Aquatics Level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Current National Pool Lifeguarding qualification assessed at 2 meters & includes spinal board assessment
- Previous experience teaching swimming in structured environment e.g. devising lesson plans, keeping records, etc.
- Have a good knowledge of:
- Role of Lifeguard
- Workplace Health & Safety
- First Aid
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to keep accurate records of training and competency.
- Attend on going training to maintain National Pool Lifeguard Qualification.
- Must be available to work for the duration of the post, including public and bank holidays and overtime as required (all candidates will be expected to be available for additional hours, should the services require)
- Must be willing to undergo an Enhanced AccessNI check
- A current recognised First Aid certificate (e.g. British Red Cross, St Johns Ambulance, Order of Malta)
- Rate of Pay: £10.41 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.