Staffline are currently recruiting for an experienced switchboard operator to work in a busy environment in the Dundonald area. This role is long term temporary with the opportunity of a permanent post. This role requires shift patterns paid at enhanced rates.
The essential nature of the Switchboard service is that the successful candidate will be required to work as part of a team of Switchboard Operators providing a vital service, responding promptly and efficiently to all internal and external calls ensuring the Switchboard is manned on a 24/7, 365 days a year basis, providing an excellent customer focused service.
The successful candidate will have a responsibility for ensuring the appropriate actions are taken when responding to emergencies i.e. Major Incidents, Bomb Alerts, Cardiac Arrests, Medical emergencies, also Fire/Gas/Intruder/Panic Alarms etc.
The successful candidate is the first point of contact "out of hours" and may have to make decisions and carry out actions across a range of possible situations, until the operator(s) takes the decision to contact more senior Trust staff.
- Operate the Telephone Systems in a prompt, efficient and pleasant manner as the first point of contact.
- Work effectively as part of a team, in a pressured, changing environment using organisational, judgemental and communication skills.
- Have the ability to prioritise job responsibilities, particularly in the event of emergencies, system failures etc and proactively play a vital role in the resolution of such events.
- Have the ability to work independently using own initiative, when working out of hours or the Switchboard Manager is unavailable.
- Comply with Data Protection and Human Rights Acts.
- Have the ability to receive and provide sensitive or complex information and provide advice, empathy and knowledge to staff/patients and the general public.
- Respond to internal and external calls and requests, providing general assistance and information to callers which may require tact and persuasive skills where barriers of communication and understanding are presented. Advanced Communication skills and good keyboard skills are essential
- Have the ability to work in an emotional and distressing environment on a frequent basis, whilst remaining calm and initiating the appropriate action.
(full job description available on request)
- Four GCSEs (Grades A-C) or equivalent to include English
1 year's relevant experience in a switchboard/call centre/clerical environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Software packages.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure.
- Be able to demonstrate good clerical/administrative skills.
If you feel you have the experience and resilience to work in this high pressurised role please get in touch by applying with your CV below: