Salary: Excellent Salary/Package
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a System Administrator based in Derry/Londonderry.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter.
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and other processes.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
- Review Application logs.
- Install and test computer-related equipment.
- Work to understand our current systems architecture.
- Create documentation such as policies, procedures, workflows and user guides
- Support research, analysis, and development of new concepts and emerging technologies
- Support end user requests for new searches, reports, KPI's, and dashboards
- Develop, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, new functionality based on evolving business needs.
- Design, code, test, debug and document migration scripts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- To ensure adherence to agreed project time scales and deliverables
- To provide regular project status updates as and when required
- To perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- 2+ years' experience in system administration.
- Associate or higher degree in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, with multiple clients and the pressures of managing to required timelines
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS and architecture with emphasis preferably on MySQL.
- Knowledge of the Linux command line and experience using centos or other Linux based Operating Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, as well as ability to work autonomously
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with the ability to juggle simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Must be comfortable working with multiple departments and managers
- Works well in a collaborative and consensus-oriented team environment
- Strong sense of customer focus and the importance of the voice of the customer
- Eligibility to work in the UK on a full time and permanent basis
You will receive a fantastic package, the opportunity to work for a key player in the industry and the opportunity to develop your career in a supportive environment.
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jamie at email@example.com at Grafton Recruitment OR call him on 02890323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland